Friday, January 6, 2012

Reading List - The A's

Last year, I decided that, as a well-read individual, I should endeavor to read the classics. Periodically, I'd like to share on this blog the books that I placed on a "classical" list. The list is not meant to be complete and while there are many books of a classical nature dealing with Christianity, I've tried to add many other ideas as well. I will post them alphabetically, starting with the "A's." Please feel free to add a title and a thought about the title if you see something that should be added to my list. I'm always looking for good books to read.

Cheers

Ross

The Oresteia, Aeschylus
Prometheus Bound, Aeschylus
Tevye the Dairyman, Sholem Aleichem
Al-Qur’an,
Malmad, Jacob Anatoli
The Bridge on the Drina, Ivo Andric
Proslogion, St. Anselm
Why God Became Man, St. Anselm
On Being and Essence, St. Thomas Aquinas
On Kingship, St. Thomas Aquinas
On the Principles of Nature, St. Thomas Aquinas
On the Teacher, St. Thomas Aquinas
Summa Contra Gentiles, St. Thomas Aquinas
Summa Theologica, St. Thomas Aquinas
Acharnians, Aristophanes
Frogs, Aristophanes
Peace, Aristophanes
Complete Works, Vol. I and II, Aristotle
On the Incarnation, St. Athanasius
Collected Poems, W.H. Auden
Against the Academicians, St. Augustine
City of God, St. Augustine
Confessions, St. Augustine
On Christian Doctrine, St. Augustine
On Free Choice of the Will, St. Augustine
On the Teacher, St. Augustine
On the Trinity, St. Augustine
The Rule of St. Augustine, St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment